When the existing bridge was installed in 1949 by the West Green Tree Church of the Brethren’s Men’s Work, the ministry at Camp Swatara was less than 10 years old. As that ministry has expanded it now includes year-round retreats and summer camps as well as a full-service Family Camping Center. Designed with modern recreational vehicles and trailers in mind, a new bridge will be installed in November of 2014. This expanded piece of infrastructure will feature two traffic lanes as well as a pedestrian sidewalk to offer improved pedestrian safety. The appearance of this necessary capital project will enhance and complement the natural beauty of Camp’s entrance.